The Florida Alliance for Retired Americans (FLARA), a non-profit organization based in Wellington, Florida, actively pursues and promotes legislation and public policies that are in the best interest of current and future retired Floridians. Through the active civic involvement of it’s over 200,000 members, FLARA advocates programs and activities at all levels of government to prepare for the growing population of older Floridians who desire to remain self-sufficient.
We welcome you to join us in this important mission!
The Florida Alliance for Retired Americans was established in 1963 originally called FSCSC.
As each generation ages,New challenges must be confronted and new opportunities must be created in order for organizations to be responsible and continue to grow. The Alliance and the Florida Alliance for Retired Americans is at this kind of crossroads, as the baby boomer generation begins to retire and the labor movement faces this wave of retirements over the coming decade. We pledge our full support to strengthen the Alliance to help meet these challenges. We will work with its leadership and activist to organize and implement programs that will support the revitalization of the senior movement while addressing the needs of older and retired workers in the next century.
FLARA's objectives and principles are:
• To promote the interestof senior citizens in the United States in harmony with the national interest.
• To encourage greater opportunities for voluntary civic service for senior citizens.
• To act as a clearinghouse for the exchange of information, ideas and experiences among affiliated members and groups.
• To engage in fact finding and analysis of issues, to publish the results of such studies, to provide a responsible and articulate voice for senior citizens, and to conduct other types of public relations activities.
• To take such other action as is consistent with the interest and needs of senior citizens.
FLARA's President, Tony Fransetta, leaving whitehouse after a tour and briefing during ARA's Legislative Conference
Please visit our Membership Page to learn how you as an individual or as a organization can become a member of the Florida Alliance for Retired Americans. Please view our Calendar to find opportunities to participate in our activities. If you have any questions, you can reach us by e-mail at ContactUs@flara.org or by calling our office at 561-792-8799.
Florida Alliance for Retired Americans, 12773 Forest Hill Blvd., Suite 211, Wellington, Florida President, Tony Fransetta Telephone: 561-792-8799; fax: 561-792-8797